Designs: Eyes

One of the biggest features of manga characters are there eyes. I've been juggling around some ideas, but I haven't decided any one. I've researched a few of my favourite anime and manga and here is what I've come up with.

I've also labeled each style with a name to easily identify each.


Piece 【realistic, rounded】
This is my personal style of eyes. It's a bit of a tweak on the Chobits eye.

It is my personal style so there a few odd things that I'll explain. I like the double fold in the eye, a single seems a little odd to me. When I try to draw a single fold something always looks of to me. I put a few eyelashes on males because I rather like the 処女〖Shojo〗look. For girls I'd add some upper lashes. Now for the manga I was looking for some different shading than my norm〖the big one〗, so I tried a few as you can see, but I didn't really like any.


Peach 【chibi, rounded】
Peach is a mix of Piece and Starfish. At the time I was trying to make an eye similar to Clannad or School Days. I tried The dreaded single fold and I still don't like it. It is more of an experiment than an eye design.


Starfish 【chibi, blocked】
Starfish is very similar to the eyes in Clannad hence the name〖if you watch the show you'll know〗. I like the shading of the original but I tried other techniques for fun. Unfortunaley the school days eye came out creepy. The only problem I have with this style is the fact that it is very hard for me to draw.

I really can't decide between the styles so please give me your input on the styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment